History of the Castle | Hotel Zamek Lubliniec****
Reservation
See all offers

History of the Castle

The history of Lubliniec and inseparably related to Lubliniec Castle.

1272 Date of creation of Lubliniec
1272

According to tradition, date of creation date Lubliniec by Prince Ladislaus First of Opole&Raciborz. At that time, Silesia, like the rest of Poland, was in the period of feudal disintegration. There were dozen of independent principalities in Poland, Lubliniec was part of the Duchy of Opole&Raciborz, which ruled the Piast dynasty.

1397

For the first time in written sources have reported the existence of the prince's castle in Lubliniec.

1500

Lubliniec received from the Duke of Opole&Raciborz John II „the Good” confirmation of civic rights. He gave the city a number of privileges, including the right to hold a weekly market.

1532

After the death of John II „the Good” Silesia was incorporated in the sphere sovereignty of the Austrian Habsburg dynasty, wielding the Kingdom of Bohemia. Lubliniec, including the Castle and the surrounding villages were being paid in rent.

1576

Lubliniec and castle changed its owners several times.

1587

Lubliniec goods along Castle, leased by John Kochcicki since 1576, has been acquired by him for ownership. The castle was rebuilt and was one of the seats of the Kochcicki family.

1607

Plague in Lubliniec, it is claimed to take 735 victims, representing ¾ of the number of the inhabitants.

1638

In Lubliniec, probably at the Castle, is said to be the Polish king Władysław IV Waza.

1645

The goods of Lubliniec were confiscated by the Habsburg family from Kochcicki family for supporting Protestantism. Goods has been acquired for the ownership by Andrew Cellary. The castle became the seat of the family Cellary.

1645-1722

Family of Cellary is the owner of Lubliniec and the Castle.

1650

The great fire almost completely destroyed Lubliniec. From whole Lubliniec only three houses are said to be left. The Castle also suffered and was renovated in the Baroque style.

1655

The Castle, under supervision of Andrew Cellary, was the shelter for the pianting of Black Mary from Czestochowa, which was brought here by oo. Pauline fearing the Swedish requisitioning.

1727

The goods of Lubliniec were acquired for the ownership by Peter de Garnier. The Castle became the seat of the family of de Garnier.

1727-1763

Lubliniec and the Castle is owned by the family de Garnier.

1740-1763

period called „Silesian wars” between Prussia and Austria. As a result, most of Silesia including Lubliniec was dominated by Prussia.

1763

Lubliniec together with the Castle, several times changed owners (Anna Gaschin, Karl Ludwig German, Sophia Carolina Dyhrn, Frederick William Schlabrndorf, Dionysius Jeanneret, Francis Grotowski).

1768-1772

in Poland had place anti-King and anti-Russian uprising, known as the Confederation of Bar. Lubliniec became the refuge for many Confederates, who probably lived in the castle. Among them are: Francis Krasińska-wife of Prince of Saxony, son of Augustus III, Antoni Lubomirski, Bishop Adam Krasinski.

1770-1771

Kazimierz Pulaski-eminent commander of the confederates, who later became the hero of the war of Independence in USA stayed several times at the Castle, visiting Frances Krasińska residing here.

1784-1814

Lubliniec owner was Francis Grotowski, who resided at the Castle. In his will, he set aside the Castle building on established educational institution for orphans.

1826

Maria Blacha widow of Francis Grotowski died in 1826. The Prussian authorities took over the Castle and gave up the location of the educational institution for orphans, building for them new headquarters.

1832

The goods of Lubliniec with the Castle were bought from the Prussian authorities by Andrew Renard. He lived in Strzelce Great (Opole) and made the Castle available to the authorities for public purposes.

1848-1892

The Castle was the seat of the Royal District Court for the District Lubliniec.

1854-1874

The Castle was the seat of the county district Lubliniec.

1859-1862

Part of Lubliniec goods with the Castle were bought by Frederic Kielmann from Andrew Renard.

1892

The Castle owned by Reinhold Kielmana, the son of Frederick, was bought by Opole Province, then the German administrative unit.

1893

The German authorities have opened in Lubliniec hospital for the mentally ill and disabled. Old Castle became a member of the hospital and was partially rebuilt.

1921

Upper Silesia was divided between Poland and Germany. Lubliniec was in Polish borders.

1922

Lubliniec was officially taken over by the Polish authorities. The castle remained part of a psychiatric hospital.

1939

outbreak of the Second World War. Lubliniec was occupied by the German army, and then incorporated into the Third Reich. In the Castle was positioned psychiatric observation unit.

1945

After the liberation from German occupation, psychiatric hospital resumed work in the Castle.

1960

Decision of the Bureau of the Provincial Council in Katowice on entering the Castle on the list of Cultural Monuments.

1979

The Castle has been put out of service for a psychiatric hospital because of poor technical condition.

1999

Year of establishement of "Castle Lubliniecki Fundation". To the Foundation entered the city Lubliniec and 83 other entities with different legal status. The foundation was raised to support the restoration of the Castle.

2002

The property "Castle Lubliniec" was acquired by the city Lubliniec from Marshal Office of Silesia in Katowice.

2005

We fell in love with the Castle and started a great challenge; reconstruction.

2010

After five years, "Hotel Zamek Lubliniec" was opened.

2012

In January, the Hotel Zamek Lubliniec hosted the President of Poland Bronislaw Komorowski

Calendar for Castle Lubliniec to 2005 was developed by Dr. Sebastian Ziółek

Location

From Castle Lubliniec quickly get to:

Częstochowa 36 km | 35 min.
Rosa Private Golf Club 25 km | 20 min.
Katowice 60 km | 60 min.

Zamek Lubliniec Sp z o.o. ul. Grunwaldzka 48,
42-700 Lubliniec, Polska

Tel.: 0048 34 373 78 90 do 91
Mobile: 0048 78 170 53 00
e-mail:

Data for invoicing

NIP 575-179-37-36
Regon: 24 01 55 805
 

GPS:

N 50°39'58,65"
E 18°40'43,62"

GDS Codes

  • Amadeus: CH CZWZAM
  • Sabre:IH 66514
  • Galileo: CH 86509
  • Worldspan:IH CZWZA

Awards and prizes

This website uses COOKIES.

By browsing it you accept our cookies policy, according to your browser settings. Read more about Privacy Policy

OK, close